Title IX Information
Nondiscrimination / Title IX Policy
Eagle Point School District 9 recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups.
It is the policy of the Eagle Point School District 9 that no person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any of Eagle Point School District 9 programs or activities. Eagle Point School District 9 is required by Title IX (20 U.S.C. § 1681) and 34 C.F.R. part 106 to not discriminate in such a manner. This non-discrimination policy extends to admission and employment, and inquiries about the application of Title IX and 34 C.F.R. part 106 to Eagle Point School District 9 may be referred to Eagle Point School District 9 Title IX Coordinator, the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education, or both.
District meeting locations are accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired, or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities, should be made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Complaints and inquires can be made directly to a school administrator or to the District office in the following manner:
Title IX Coordinator
Ryan Swearingen, Director
11 N. Royal Ave.
Eagle Point, OR 97524
Policies (can be found on our website at https://policy.osba.org/eaglept/index.asp)
- AC – Nondiscrimination
- AC-AR – Discrimination Complaint Procedure
- JB – Equal Educational Opportunity
- GBN/JBA – Sexual Harassment
- JBA/GBN-AR – Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedures
- GBNA – Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cyberbullying – Staff
- GBNA – Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cyberbullying Complaint Procedure – Staff
- JFCF – Hazing, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, Menacing, Cyberbullying, Teen Dating Violence, or Domestic Violence – Students
- JFCF-AR – Hazing/Harassment/Intimidation/Menacing/Bullying/Cyberbullying/Teen Dating Violence Complaint Procedures – Student
Trainings Title IX Coordinator, investigator, decision-maker, informal resolution lead attended
- Title IX Compliance Overview throughFrontline Education
- Title IX Staffing and Training through AASPA
- Sexual Harassment in Oregon K-12 Schools part 1 from ODE
- Sexual Harassment in Oregon K-12 Schools part 2 from ODE
- Title IX Compliance Certification Training: Basic Training from KSB School Law
- Title IX Compliance Certification Training: Coordinator Training from KSB School Law
- Title IX Compliance Certification Training: Investigator Training from KSB School Law
- Title IX Compliance Certification Training: Decisionmaker from KSB School Law
- Title IX Compliance Certification Training: Informal Resolution from KSB School Law